Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Juice Review: Ms. T's MJ Brownies

All right, let me start this off by saying you'll have to bear with me a bit. I'm sure you can guess what this flavor is all about just by the name, and I'm going to have to be a little vague about some things because this is the internet and I don't want to incriminate myself... though at the same time have to admit it's a flavor I'm familiar with on multiple counts.

If you've never ordered from Ms. T, I bet you've heard about her. She's quite famous in our little corner of the world, and rightfully so. This is the first order I made and I've already sampled most of the fourteen (FOURTEEN) juices I got. I wouldn't normally order that many at one time from a new vendor, but her reputation as a master mixer precedes her. I am floored. Not all of them are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but most of these juices are truly something wonderful and all of them are special, for better or worse. I also want to include that I love vendors with a concept. I believe in marketing. I love Erica at Southern Ambrosia and her whole wonderful Southern-cooking vibe. I love Volcano's molten Hawaiin theme. And I love that Ms. T runs a giant, nicotine-filled bakery.

This 24mg juice is very, very dark and heavy. It's got a wonderful deep brown color to it, with perhaps a little hint of green. (Gee... wonder why?) If you've ever ordered from Ms. T, you know she doesn't allow PG/VG tweaking, which I'm totally fine with, but it means I'm not sure of the ratio on this one. Suffice to say it's very thick and I'm guessing there's a fairly high VG content. It's a good thickness, though. Nice and gooey... kind of like brownie batter itself. It's also got a great, aromatic, dark chocolate scent that reminds me of melted baker's chocolate.

Now, here's the thing about real MJ brownies, or whatever you'd like to call them. I know that some of you may have never had them and would never like to, but let me just tell you if you make them right, they should really just taste like delicious fudgey brownies. Their "special" quality is all in the prep and ideally, should not affect their final taste at all. Because of that, I wasn't really sure what to expect from these. Obviously, Ms. T was going for something "special" (I'll stop with the quotes) to this mix other than just straight brownies, but if you can taste the MJ in a real one you probably screwed it up.

I have tried this juice in a variety of set ups. My preferred methods of vaping are to either drip or use a carto, and I gave this one a whirl on a 1.5 ohm cisco 306 at 3.7v, a 2.5 ohm IKV cannon stealth atomizer at 4.2v and, my current set up, a 2.0 ohm Boge carto at 3.9v.

First thing's first, how does it taste? Wonderful, I'll tell you that. The flavor on the inhale is nice and dark, very flavorful, and with perhaps a tad of a bite. I'd say the chocolate flavor leans more towards dark or bittersweet, and I personally found it to be irresistible. I love dessert vapes, but they can be dangerous because there needs to be just the right balance of flavor and pure sugar so it doesn't get overwhelmingly sweet. This chocolate is top notch; it is just the right amount of sugary goodness without going totally overboard. It tastes much like it smells, like melted baker's chocolate and just a hint of something, well, special.

The flavor on the exhale is hard to describe. The immediate impression is more chocolate, but after all the vapor is gone there's something extra that lingers on the tongue. I've wrestled with trying to figure out the best word for it, and what I've been able to come up with thus far is "earthy," and perhaps a little minty. Don't get me wrong, this is not mint chocolate. It's like there's a single drop of clean, fresh mint in my whole 15 mL bottle that is ever so subtle and gives just the faintest impression of the "MJ" in question.

This juice performs great no matter how I tried it. Plumes of vapor, excellent throat hit, and that fantastic chocolate flavor all around. It even worked great on my plain ol' 510. Two words of warning, however. Number one that I can almost promise you that this juice would be impossible to use in a tank, and because it's so thick and so flavorful you may need to give your atty a thorough cleaning after a little while to get things running smoothly again. That's not really a downside per se, just something you should be aware of. The second word of warning, and again, not really a downside, is that the vapor itself smells VERY strongly. I was vaping it in the car with a friend and she had to ask me to stop just because it was starting to overwhelm her a little bit. So just be courteous about where you vape this. It's a wonderful smell, but it's very, very strong.

So there you have it. I've got lots more from Ms. T that I can't wait to review, but I felt like this was as good a place as any to start. This is a really standout juice, and even if you aren't necessarily a fan of dessert vapes I would still recommend picking up a 6 mL bottle. This is one of the better chocolate vapes I've ever had, and I am a big chocolate fan, so I've had a lot. I am extremely impressed at the subtlety to the other facets to this flavor, because as I said, I wasn't sure what to expect given the fact I have sampled the real deal on more than one occasion. This was an excellent approximation and clearly had a bit of Ms. T's own spin on the flavor, to great success. Go check it out, go check her out in general-- she truly is a talented, talented juice maker.

Hope you enjoyed, and vape on!

www.mstsbakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment